Poor ’up-speed’

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by nieman426, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nieman426

nieman426 Registered Member

I have been running ESET Smart Security for a couple of weeks now (trial version). Happy enough with the firewall, but I get really poor internal lan speed.

When moving files from a 2003 to Vista running ESET I typically gets up-speed about 18-21 KB/s. On a Gigabit nic it is about 1-2%. The 2003 machine is running Symantec.

When running Symantec on both machines the speed is typical 5 to 10 times as high.

Anybody have experienced something similar? Regards, Nieman.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What types of files do you copy? If they are exe/dll's, it may take time for advanced heuristics to emulate them. Have you tried disabling advanced heuristics, runtime packers and sfx archives in the real-time protection setup to see if it makes a difference?

3. nieman426

nieman426 Registered Member

Hello Marcos.

Thank you for your reply. I typically move DVD images between the two machines (iso or img). I expected slow transfer for exe, dll’s and so on. They are seldom a problem, because of small size.

I haven’t looked too deeply into advanced heuristics. But I will try this evening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.