Poor System Performance

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by jcaira, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcaira

jcaira Registered Member

Hi
    I am using a mixture of NOD32 and Smart Security for business and have found on some PCs the system will become very slow and slugish while the weekly scan is running.

Is there any way to reduce the amount of resources that ESET will use when running a scan. On other products there is a way of load balancing the CPU so that I doesnt slow the system down as much. Is there anything like that available in ESET?

Also since this problem has occurred the users that are experienceing this issue have started cancelling the weekly scan. Is it possible to see anywhere in Remote Administrator what time the scan finished or if it was cancelled or how long the scan took. Can I protect the weekly scan so that users are unable to stop the scan from running, like how the settings can be password protected so that they cannot be changed.

Thanks

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello jcaira,

Have you set these scheduled scans to run with "low priority"? The paramater is part of their profile and can be configured via the Configuration Editor".

Also, you can limit their access to the GUI through the profile settings too.

BFG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.