Poor Media Quality

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JonathanWCurd, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am using the latest build (800) of TI 8.0.

I have 2 problems.

1) When I create an image of my Fedora Core 3 drive I am always presented with a dialog that says the drive has errors and can only be copied sector by secotr. But the image file created of a 40GB drive is only 3.77 GB using Norml compression. There is only a minimal install of FC3. I think that this problem was supposed to be fixed but I still seem to get the error message and the sector by sector warning. I have tried reinstalling the FC3 install as well as multiple boot disks which are defintly build 800.

Any ideas?

2) If I do pass the errro by selecting yes and creating the image files on a network drive I get a successfull backup on one of my other machines. I am able to verify the image via the netwok and they pass. I can also install them via the network.
    When I then burn them to DVD using the techniques described I am able to verify them on a windows machine running TI 8 but when I try to verify them or install them from the boot disk on the linux machine I get a constant poor media quality error.

Any ideas?

I am very worried about relying on images or restores created with bypassed error messages.

Thanks.
    Jonathan

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Concerning your first question please refer to the following thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=66678

As for the second question, could you please clarify whether you are trying to verify the image with Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Linux or using Acronis Bootable CD? Also please let us know the DVD format you are using (DVD+R, DVD+RW or DVD-RW).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. I am able to verify the disk using an installed version of TI 8 but the verify fails using the boot disk.

I have tried three differrent types of DVR+R and DVD=RW media, all have the same results.

4. Acronis Support

Hello Jonathan,

Could you please do the following:

- Download the checksum utility from www.acronis.com/files/support/md5sum.exe
    - Run the application, click on the ellipsis sign to browse, select the image file you have burned to DVD and save the MD5 checksum;
    - Save the MD5 checksum for the image file on your hard disk.

If the sums are different it seems that you have some problems with DVD burning. Please try to split the image file into 2Gb parts, burn them to DVD and check whether they are corrupted or not.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Md5 sums are the same but I still cannot verify the image on the actual Linux machine via the start-up disk. Also I am still unable to get passed the sector by sector error message when creating the disks on Fedora Core 3

6. Acronis Support

Hello JonathanWCurd,

The problem seems to be connected with your disk state. Could you please create Acronis Report (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions) and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.