Poor Media Quality message

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jmmm, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmmm

jmmm Registered Member

I just installed the latest 903 build. Trying to backup hard drive to Iomega 80 gb external hard drive, and I receive E00070004 poor media quality error message. Do I just throw $50 in the trash can, or is there a fix for this problemo_O? How come Cnet and others say this is such a great product?

Confused in Texas.

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

I have also had this happen while imaging to an external HD. I did a complete format and it was better for awhile. But it happened again today.

3. chris.stagedoor

chris.stagedoor Registered Member

I too am backing-up images to my Iomega 160gb external hard drive so an early answer to this thread would, hopefully, help put my mind at rest.

Chris.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

If you have the "poor media quality" error please create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the build number and the type of media you wish to store the image to.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. nbc mayor

nbc mayor Registered Member

Hi,

I've just installed the trial version of True Image, and get the "E0007004" poor media quality message when trying a backup to an external usb hard drive.

Next, I tried to do a backup to another internal hard disk, and after stepping through all of the options, the progress screen comes up and nothing ever happens.

Since the trial program will not work with an external usb drive, or with an internal hard drive, I am wondering if the problem is unique to the trial or just an incompatability with my system.

Today I almost bought the retail version at CompUSA, but after reading on the Acronis website that refunds were not possible for "retail" purchased products, I am reluctant to buy it until I can confirm that it will work on my system.

Thanks in advance

6. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Look for a TrueImageServices.exe task. If you find it, end it and try again.

7. jondoar

jondoar Registered Member

I have been using Acronis True Image (or at least trying to) for several versions of the product. The Poor Media Quality message has been a problem ever since the first version I ran. I have wasted many $$$$ and hours because of this problem. I have sent emails to support etc etc, but in every version and build I try, I get the same issues on a very wide range of hardware and OS's.

The problem happens during local disk to local disk operations, and also over networks. It happens on Win 95, Win 98, Win ME, Win 2k and Win XP.

I can't believe the awards ths product has been awarded with bugs like this that make the product almost useless (sometimes).

I would like to say that the look and feel of True Image is great. The performance is not so good. The create boot CD function is also very unreliable and this has also been a problem for several versions.

Finally, the product is almost useless with many Windows 95 installations. Also for many builds of several versions, Win 95 just hangs during bootup once TI has been installed. Then you have to boot in safe mode and remove True Image before the PC will boot again.

8. Acronis Support

Hello nbc mayor,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please check each partition of your external hard drive by Windows utility?

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run
    then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command
    "chkdsk [drive letter]: /r" for every partition of your external hard drive.

If the problem still persists then please do the following:

- Create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

Please keep your external hard drive connected while creating a report.

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image 8.0 log, which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon.

Please send these files to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

9. jdzworld

jdzworld Registered Member

i have same problem. how to fix this? i have xp. i made image a couple wks ago from my bootable rescue media and was trying to make incrementals from my bootable rescue yet i get an error. i also got a error on my other cpu on incrementals that is NOT sata hdd so i dont believe thats the problem. id hate to have to make another 17 discs for 1 cpu. geez. it at least got halfway done in windows but only got to the 3rd bar trying to increment from bootable rescue media.

10. Acronis Support

Hello jdzworld,

We are really sorry for your inconvenience.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 and you have received the same error message trying to create an image saving it to the external or internal hard drive then please do as I have suggested in my previous post addressed to nbc mayor.

In case you are trying to create an image saving it to any other type of media (e.g. CD) then please describe your issue in more words.

Tell me where do you store your images?

Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

When exactly have you received that error message?

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

11. jdzworld

haha. ill pass on that new version. i saw several posts about even the newer versions w/ the same prob. i did come across a good thread after more research that helped me solve my prob. i just had to boot into windows and format some cdrws and write the TI incremental image to them. i may try to now copy them over to cdrs(which they should really be on) and see if the image verifies. lmk if you know the answer and thx 4 your suggestion.

12. faw30

faw30 Registered Member

I was having the same problem, then I tired creating an image using the boot disc. Everything worked fine. How are you creating yours??

13. Acronis Support

Hello faw30,

Could you please let us know where you try to backup to (CDs, DVDs,a local hard drive, a network drive)? If you try to backup hard drive please run chkdsk /r command and see whether the problem remains.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

14. jdzworld

i create my images w/ the bootable rescue media onto cdrs. but it looks like i have to do my incrementals in Windows onto a cdrw because incrementals wouldnt work via the bootable rescue way. but thats no problem because at least it works!!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2005
  15. faw30

faw30 Registered Member

I'm doing a full backup to an external hard drive and everything seems to work fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.