Poor contacts

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Guest Member, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest Member

Guest Member Guest

What is wrong with this company? I bought Nod32 by recommendation from a friend. Now I'm having problems and they are completely unreachable. I was lucky to even have this board show up on Google, is it even hosted by this company? I've sent 2 emails in the last week and have yet to hear back, they have no toll free number, so I am pretty much screwed I guess. If I don't hear back soon I am going to have to reverse the charges from my credit card issuer for fraud. The program unexpectedly ceased functioning as advertised, or the update server for the program has been down for a good week which is also unacceptable.

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Guest Member, you didn't mention who you (tried to) contact. Overall, Eset and resellers are available. Glad you've found us. Although this is the official Eset Support forum: no this board isn't hosted by Eset FYI.

Feel free to forward the emails sent to me: webmaster@wilders.org and we'll tackle this problem is necessary.

Although I do understand your anger, IMO there's no "fraud" in a legal sense of the word here ;)

Since you are posting in v2 support forum, I'll take it you are using v2. In case you do state the updates don't function anymore, please give this one a go:

Go to the Control Center > Update > Setup > servers. While there, put in this server:

http://temp.eset.com/nod_upd/

Make sure to enable "automaticly" after doing so. Next, try to update.

All this provided your license did not expire.

regards.

paul

3. Guest Member

Guest Member Guest

I used their emergency contact form, sales email, and now have posted here. I can't use the long distance telephone number.

It connects to the server but keeps asking for my logon repeatedly. It is barely 2 months old and one of their employees was jerking me around by email less than a month ago about an account problem. He gave me a new logon and said my account would be cancelled if they have more problems. It was fishy and didn't go into specifics even when I asked.

It may or may not be fraud in a legal sense but this is why credit issuers allow you to reverse charges.

4. Paul Wilders

Looking forward to the emails from Eset.

So there's a history coming with your problem. Unless you do send the complete email exchange, there's no way to comment on the above stated, and/or try to help you out.

Well, that's an issue between your person and Eset only.

regards,

paul

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Guest member,

we are not aware of any problems with our update server that lasted for a week. Yes, there have recently been some problems with downloading installers or documentations, but the problem was sorted out within a short time. Since we have a few update servers, presumably there was no chance you could not update from any of them.

Please re-send your inquiry directly to support@nod32.com so that we can check out if we actually received it and whether the reply was not returned as undelivered for some reason. We will then let you know shortly.

6. Guest Member

Guest Member Guest

How do I know you work for them? I will not send the email exchanges without you contacting me first. I find that disturbing because that is previously what the employee thought I did to cause whatever problems they had and he never elaborated on it.

I sent yet another email. If this one goes unreplied or unresolved I will be forced to reverse the charge with my credit issuer without their help.

7. sig

sig Registered Member

Paul Wilders is the Wilders in Wilders.org and is the fellow (along with other admins and mods) who makes this site possible. Paul does not work for ESET but provides this forum and the others on this site. He's been successful in assisting users when they have problems getting a response from ESET. I imagine he cuts to the chase using his contacts.

He offered you a suggestion of adding a particular server in the update setup list which I think has worked for those who have apparently run into the same or similar issue with getting updates. (I haven't had any problems with auto updates so I can't say from first hand experience about the suggestion Paul posted but I'd try it if I were having problems.)

If that doesn't work, I'd also send him the emails you sent to ESET so he can know the issues in more detail and then liaison with ESET for you. It's up to you what course you wish to pursue. (I don't work for ESET either. Just another customer.)

8. Paul Wilders

As stated by sig in the former post, I'm not an employee from Eset - from no company for that matter. I would gladly send you an email, but since you did not register over on this board, there's no way to retrieve your email address.

I do presume you did refer to former email exchanges on this subject.

regards.

paul

9. Guest Member

Guest Member Guest

Well he can not help me then unless they give out customer information to other people, in which case they had no reason to heckle me by email or change my logon in the first place. I thought it was pretty clear that it connects to the server(s) but keeps asking for the new logon over and over and over without ever finishing.

10. Guest Member

Guest Member Guest

No I didn't refer to the former email exchanges, I don't want to correspond with the same person again since he messed up my logon. I let them know of my current problem and that I want it resolved very soon.

11. Paul Wilders

Guest Member,

Could you please tell to whom you are referring to in "he"? If your referring to my person: I am asking you for customer information - not Eset. It's up to you wether to do so or not.

That's no doubt enterily up to you. On the other hand, since there is a personal dossier about this case without any doubt, referring to former emails would most probably speed things up.

regards.

paul

12. Paul Wilders

offensive post has been removed. Please refrain from posts like these, those not involved.

paul

13. Guest Member

Guest Member Guest

I should have checked my email before installing the trial version again and following up to the responses here. I got a new email (another was sent to a wrong address) giving me the option of returning the license fee or faxing me a new logon to avoid information leaks. They also gave me a temporary logon to update with. This time they gave me two links to where my old logon was on Google and a warez webpage. Also an apology for the inconvenience. So needless to say I am much much happier than I was an hour ago. Thanks for any attempted help even though I came to complain ;)

14. Paul Wilders

Guest Member,

Glad to hear all has been sorted out ;)

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.