polly win32

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by maddawgz, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Hi my Av keeps picking up New Pollywin 32 virus its in restore or something? I keep quarantinging it..then releasing it still it picks it up anyone heard of it and how to fix it..thanks MD :eek:

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If it is in your sys restore you need to turn sys restore off and then reboot you comp and then reenable sysrestore. you will loose your restore points but you will loose the virus in there also.

bigc

3. maddawgz

THanks Big c do i turn it off scan 2..after reboot?? I hope it has nothing to do with Firse Defence ISR cant see why or hope i dont need it more importantly.thanks MD

4. bigc73542

After you reboot and reactivate restore it wouldn't hurt to do an avscan just to make sure that was where it was.

bigc

5. maddawgz

Ok i created a snapshot with First defence and noticed that that virus came up again with scanner this is wht it says how do i get rid of it?? thanks

the file c:/$ISR/1/System Volume Information_restore 1AEO49CB-935A-4CC4/RP76 A0064393.exe is infected
    by the New Poly Win32 Virus and cannot b cleand.

i qaurainted it all i can do?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  6. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Please turn off system restore, then scan.

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You can find how to turn off System Restore in General Cleaning.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

8. bigc73542

If you made a snapshot before you turned off sysrestore you effectively saved the virus also. You have to turn sysrestore off and reboot to get rid of the virus in restore. any snapshot you have made with the virus in restore will still be there if you use the snapshot.

bigc

9. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Like BigC said, FirstDefense copies everything on your c:drive, which means the virus would have also been copied onto the Snapshot you were making or updating. System Restore and FD are compatible but I see no reason to any longer keep System Restore enabled with programs like FD and GoBack, just doesn't make any sense.

Acadia

10. maddawgz

SOrry bout that Hi big C i really dont think there is a virus there!! But i did delete the pollywin anyhow y/day but today after turning of restore rebooting blah balh!! i thought ok now it saying..c ISR just as i thought i turned my system restore of..rebooted and created a snapshot witht it off?? no problems at all..I dont think this program likes backing up restore im not sure..cuz since i deleted all restore points well shouldnt the virus be gone?? not just that i scanned with restore off..nothing was there no virus?? and scanned with it on no virus the problem happens only when im creating snapshot and it gets to the restore part?..weird?? last night i delted all snapshots uninstalled program today re-estalled it..clean? I noticed on there site First Defence they have compat issues with Kaspersky.maybe the do with others 2..thinking that c$ISR is a virus?? anyhow i can always keep restore turned off i have the snapshots?System restore is useless anyhow when it gets a virus and duznt work? least with ISR it always backs up and backs up clean? MD :rolleyes:

11. bigc73542

at least you got the alert to stop, i hope your problem is fixed. and yes after deleting restore points the virus would be gone from restore.

bigc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.