Policy Restriction Recommendation

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by jcsnider, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcsnider

jcsnider Registered Member

Hi all!

Long story short, I am hosting a few user-made server applications on my machine. (Game Servers.) I am worried that at one point or another we may host a server that has code that could for example execute a shutdown on our server or begin making registry changes. I understand that there is virtualization software like Sandboxie but I am not looking to run the servers in a new environment as I am just to restrict them to their own folder and disallow access to the registry along with executing any other applications, etc. I am looking for any recommendations as to what software might benefit me the best.

Thanks a ton!
    JC

2. CrusherW9

CrusherW9 Registered Member

This is exactly what Sandboxie does. Sandboxie isn't virtualization, it is sandboxing. Sandboxing is the application of restrictions on a program that make it contained in a given manner. Sandboxie could work quite well for what you want to do. Otherwise look into a HIPS of some sort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.