Policy question

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by iternalnetworks, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iternalnetworks

iternalnetworks Registered Member

I have a question regarding how policies are passed on from parent to child policies.

If a parent policy has 4 exclusions and a child policy has 8 different exclusions, which exclusions are applied? Is there a way to have a child policy add the exclusions to those of the parent policy?

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello iternalnetworks,

This will depend on which policy is assigned and how the policies are ranked. It can be configured to have either the parent or the child have the final say. One can be set to override the other. Is there any replication involved and do you only have one RA server?

Thank you,
    Richard

3. iternalnetworks

iternalnetworks Registered Member

I knew that I could select either the parent or the child to override the settings, just wasn't sure if there was a way to have them combined.

If the child overrides the parent, but I want the exclusions from the parent in addition to the ones already listed in the child, then I need to include them in the child policy. Is that correct?

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.