"Policy" for (new) threads for software?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by XIII, Nov 1, 2021.

1. XIII

XIII Registered Member

For quite some time I have been wondering whether Wilders Security has a "policy" for (new) threads for software.

Most threads seem to live quite long, with as title the very first mention of such software. Examples:
    • Windows 10 thread: "Windows 10 Announced - Released 29-Jul-2015"
    • Windows 11 thread: "Windows 11 leak reveals new UI, Start menu, and more"
    However, since Sandboxie went open source it seems to get a new thread for every "minor" release (I use the term "minor" purely based on the semantic version number increase; not trying to diminish the work of the author). Examples:
    • a thread for Plus v0.9.7
    • a thread for Plus v0.9.8
    • and today even a new thread for v.0.9.8d
    Just curious; hope that's OK. Is there a policy? If so, which?

2. billmcct

billmcct Registered Member

Security forum - NOT. A software promotion and NEWS forum - YES.

3. Peter 123

Peter 123 Registered Member

Of course I cannot speak on behalf of the administrators of the Forums but I think it has nothing to do with a certain policy.

What you see in the Sandboxie (sub-)forum seems to me simply the result of how the Sandboxie developer (David) handles the matter. (Usually he himself starts the new threads.)

Both methods may have advantages and disadvantages. And as David is now the "master" and the "brain" of Sandboxie, to my mind it is completely o.k. that he establishes the threads in the way he regards the best one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.