Policy errors in RAS log

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by SmackyTheFrog, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

My RAS log is flooded with errors like this one:

Code:
    [2009-03-24 08:38:29.380] V2 [49c8d4449cfc] [00000f68] <SESSION_ERROR> CCServiceRoutine(HandleClientPolicy): unable to apply policy to client 'xxxxxx' (connection 'xx.xx.xx.xx:25093', code 2, additional code 0, lasterror 0)
    and I have no idea what to make of it. They are being written out to the log at the rate of about one per second, but policy still appears to be applying. Does anyone have an idea?

2. qjudge

qjudge Registered Member

I am having the same issue. I am using Policy Manager to do some cleanup with old scheduled tasks; trying to delete redundant tasks on machines. But as soon as I use Policy Manager to add a scheduled task and set it for deletion, I get tons of error logs, saying "Unable to apply policy".

What gives? Any ideas?

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

I am thinking that I may be defining some settings in policy that are for v4 clients only and the v3 clients throw this error when they see them. Not entirely sure at this point, and figuring it out has been a low priority since it doesn't seem to be much more than a nusiance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.