Policies not getting pushed to clients but no errors displayed

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by gmiest, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmiest

gmiest Registered Member

I've recently installed the latest ERAS on a 2003 server here, and with the latest ERAC on my workstation I've pushed out NOD32 to around 50 PCs. I've noticed that the clients still have parts of the old policy I was testing the console with. It could be that I've missed a place to edit the configuration as there does seem to be 100 different ways to do so!

Pictures describe this better. The attachments to this post are what I see in the ERAC when I right click a client and select "policy", and what's actually displayed on the client. The extra scheduled tasks were removed from the policy a number of days ago yet they remain on the client. The only configuration changes I've made have been in the policy editor. I can go through the three policies I have in there and none of them have anything in scheduled tasks at all.

When I export the config from a client and open that XML in the configuration editor I see all those scheduled tasks I have deleted from the policy.

How do I refresh the policies on all the clients? Isn't that something that should be done automatically anyway?

Attached Files:

2. RyanW

RyanW Registered Member

You have to actually tell the scheduled task policy to 'mark for deletion' and let that propogate before you can remove the actual policy from ERAC/ERAS. Otherwise the policy will not remove from the Client.

The bummer here is, each scheduled task gets a dedicated TASKID assigned to it. So you can't simply recreate the task with the same name and mark it for deletion. HOWEVER. If you have the original TASKID from the task you deleted you CAN make a new task and assign an old TASKID to it and mark it for deletion.

Attached Files:

3. gmiest

gmiest Registered Member

Wow, that's pretty broken, I guess. I think I've found the two extra task IDs, I'll give it a go. Thanks!

4. RyanW

RyanW Registered Member

Yeah it's kinda hinky. Though you can just push a new task to all your clients with a 'mark for deletion' on the task ID's in question. It should take no more than 10 minutes to affect all the clients (if you push to everyone). Then just take a random sampling of the policies to make sure they are gone/marked for deletion and then actually remove the task from your policy in ERAS/ERAC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.