Poinstone System Cleaner 5.55c

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Hello... I dont know if anyone else happens to use this, but if you do, let me know if you get the same issues that I do, If your using Vista or Not, I'd like to know if it is Indeed a Vista issue, or XP also:

1: When running Registry cleaner the Cleaner freezes and generates a popup error stating:
    The system has encountered an error and needs to close * Stack Overflow Error

2: When executing the registry defragmentor the System generates the Above Error when clicking on the Reboot Now Radio Button after defragment of the registry has completed.

I've emailed tech support about 2 weeks ago, and I recieved nothing back, except for a email asking me if this was still an issue, yet no solution to go along with it :blink:

I've emailed them again, and nothing in reply this time :blink:

2. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

It reminds me of TuneUp Utilities, similar design but a bit tone down. If TuneUp is pro version, then System Cleaner is regular version with much more aggressiveness.

TuneUp is my on duty maintenance mgr, I just clean up with it before I reinstall System Cleaner. To my surprise, the latter's Quick Maintenance feature still find over hundreds of errors. Puzzling me.

If I had a choice, I would prefer TuneUp's presence.

My O/S is winxp pro sp2, does not have problems you described. Perhaps they are just isolated incidents.

Take care.

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

It is puzzling isnt it o_O The same happens with the Disck cleaners of Tuneup and System Cleaner, Cleanup with either, and the other still manages to find at least 40-50MB of junk still, the same with registry errors like you say also applies to several other Registry Cleaners except for Registry Fix and XP Repair Pro, After Cleaning the registry with those 2, there was only 1 or 2 errors that the other missed :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.