PM 10 personal

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Howard Kaikow, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Unlike the difficiculties I am having installing the backup software (see my comments in the Paragon Drive Backup forum), PM 10 personal installed with no problems on my ancient Window 2000 SP4 system.

I made a rescue CD and was able to boot the system, and, as well, my notebook (purchased 31 May 200:cool:.

When booted in Windows 2000, I noticed the following:

1. Looked like a good interface, tho I could not really test anything at this time.

2. I was bothered that the Properties for each partition did not indicate Primary/Extended/logicak.

3. It seems that Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0.1.325, the most recent version that be used with Windows 2000, greatly slows the running of the program. It would be necessary to tell Kaspersky to Trust the program.

4. Most slow was the loading of the Help tab. Took longer than forever, in large part due to Kaspersky. It would have been faster to open the PDF manual and search.

5. Most disappointing was the rescue CD. Offers little functionality.
    Is the PM 10 Professional rescue CD any better?

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Might be easier to read your partitions from the "Partition List" tab.

When you're at the main menu, hit Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Backspace for the advanced window.

3. cortez

cortez Registered Member

Do you mean to say to hit "Ctrl+Alt+Sift+Backspace" simultaneously? or could it be done henpeck style?

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Yes simultaneously. It looks like we picked up Mac's habit of assigning too many hotkeys at once ;)

5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Not due to Mac.

There are a limited number of keystrokes available.

The way the Windows keyboard API works is each time you hit a key, it returns a mask indicating whether CTRL, ALT and Shift were also presssed simultaneously. And, on a notebook, Fn key.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.