PLZ IE SPYAD help,

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by futurefriend, Dec 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. futurefriend

futurefriend Registered Member

hello EVERYONE, Plz problem do not know what to do,or fix,
    when i first installed SPYAD,,,,
    IE-SPYAD.EXE 234 KB
    when i went to restricted sites, i would see a whole list of items on the restricted site,,,but

when i go to find,search on C & D drives then type in HOSTS,(or hosts, or host) at 1 time i would put up a list on wordpad that would show all the items witha 127.0.0.1, but I CAN NO LONGER see this on any HOSTS page, plz any idea how I can put up the notepad, word pad ect thats says all the 127.0.0.1 & sites, "thanks "FF"

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi futurefriend,

Good to see you again. :)

Okay, IE-SpyAd is not related to your Hosts file issue. IE-SpyAd does add a list of sites to the Internet Explorer Restricted zone. You can check those any time by going to IE > "Tools" menu > "Internet Options..." > "Security" tab > select "Restricted sites" icon > press "Sites..." button. If those are still there, then you are okay with IE-SpyAd. (By the way, updates to IE-SpyAd come out fairly frequently, you may want to download the latest update. If you need help on that, just ask.)

Your Hosts file is totally different. The last I recall you were on Windows 98, so your Hosts file would most likely be here:

c:\Windows\Hosts

If you used to have a hosts file and somehow it has gone missing, this could be a sign of possible spyware activity. You may want to check your system with Spybot S&D and/or Ad-aware.

You can get a good replacement Hosts file from Hpguru here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.