PLZ HELP. Universal file system hangs

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by kentha999, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kentha999

kentha999 Registered Member

Hello. I have a BIG problem. I have placed my backup made with the free advanced version of backup and recovery om my NAS. When booting with the recovery disc I made and after I set the network settings ok I choose to start and the universal file system driver init it seems like the computer hangs. I have been waiting up to 15-20 minutes and nothing. When I choose to start with low-res and the other option there is no network-setup. Therefore I copied the files to a usb-harddrive and tried with that. The disk shows up as C: but the paragon finds no files. This is killing me.
    Hope there is some1 who can help me.
    Kenth Andersson
    sweden

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

what do you mean by "I choose to start and the universal file system driver init " ?

About USB drive: Did you try to run full B&R from Recovery CD anf check if USB drive is visible there?
    Maybe it doesn't have drive letter and placed in Physical partitions list.

3. kentha999

Sorry for my confused rambling. Here I go again.
    I have made backups of my win7 comp and stored it on my NAS on my local network.
    Now my systemdisc (HDD0) has gone down. I replaced it with another one ( both 500Gb discs, the crashed one with 400Gb+ data on it) and booted with the backup and recovery disc I had made. It starts and I am presented with a meny and I choose the network configuration and it works and I can choose my folder on my NAS. I exit that and is back with the menu and I go to the top and starts Paragon Backup and Recovery option and hits enter, then comes a picture from paragon anf it sezs at the bottom "Universal File System Driver Initialization... and thats when it hangs.
    But if I choose to start not in normal mode as above but in safe mode and then choose to start paragon backup and recovery-option it works and the program starts.
    But when I use the safe mode there is no network setup (i think?) so i copied the folder HDD0 from my backup folder on my NAS to a usb-disc and hooked it up to my computer and started it in safe mode as described above. The program finds 2 HDD, my new 500Gb as Basic HDD0 and my usb-disc as Basic HDD1. When I click on HDD1 it shows as NTFS file system and with 422Gb used and 509Gb free. HDD0 has free for filesystem and 466Gb free. I then start the restore wizard and it searches the archives and then lets me select an image. I click the little button with 3 dots and is presented with a new window where I should select an archive. It shows 4 options, A:\, Y:\, Z:\, and C:\ (NTFS, 0 on Disk 1) (UFSD disk - Iomega HDD) and when I doubleclick on C: it starts to search for *.pbf-files on the usb-disc and comes up with nothing after a while.
    I copied the folder HDD0 from my nas as it was so I ended up with one folder, HDD0 on the usb-disc. No go, so I moved all the files to the root of the usb-disc, no go. I then opened the pbf-file in note pad and found the adress to my nas and replaced it with C:\ instead, no go.
    Now is there a way to get the backup restored or am I ~Phrase removed~ ?
    Please help me.
    Best Regards
    Kenth Andersson

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2011
  4. kentha999

I give up. I am going to buy this ~Phrase removed~ product so I can get hold of the REAL recovery cd. ThanX for the help.:ouch:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.