plz can you tell me what is good antivirus with windows vista ??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by xandros, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xandros

xandros Registered Member

plz can you tell me what is good antivirus with windows vista ??

i have new laptop yesterday but its with windows vista

cuz i try avira antivir premium but its make the download very slow !!
    any one know any antivirus or internet security working with windows vista without make download slow ??

or any body have idia how to use antivir premium with windows vista without make the download slow ?

thanx

2. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

You could try turning off the Webguard in Avira if it's impacting on performance but bear in mind downloads can appear slower according to a download status bar,but in effect they are the same speed as often the download jumps to the end.

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Almost any of the AVs, paid or free, work fine with Vista. If you try one and don't like it, just try another. Avast is another good free one.

4. xandros

i try today avast pro , but same problem its kill my download speed ?

i have speed internet 4mb , but when i download any thing after i put the antivirus its coming only 15 or 17 kb/sec !!!!

when i remove the antivirus its coming the speed of download 344mb /sec

any thing i must to do ?

Attached Files:

• 212.jpg
      212.jpg
      File size:
      32.1 KB
      Views:
  5. gery

gery Registered Member

You must be running another antivirus along with Avast because what you are saying about AVAST or even AVIRA slow downs it might not be the real reason.They surely slow it down a bit but not so drastically.My link is only 256kbps and download speed from 25-35 kbs so check your system

6. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

FWIW I have Vista business on my laptop w/ Avira Premium and it does not choke my internet one bit.

New laptops typically ship with a pre-installed AV (eg. Norton or McAfee), so make sure you uninstall it and/or run the respective removal tools before installing a new one.

7. yashau

yashau Registered Member

If you turn it off it will come back on later when you restart your computer.

One way of disabling it.
    Type services.msc in Run. Find Avira's webguard, go to properties, stop and disable it.

The other way is going to add remove and modify Avira's installation so that the webguard component isn't installed.

In my opinion it's not that necessary the files will be scanned again anyway once it's fully downloaded. :)

8. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I have a fast connection, but depending on what I'm downloading the speed also is affected by the source. When I trialled OpenOffice (about 160 MB) it took 2.5 hours to download. The same size for other applications might take 2 minutes with the same computer and same connection.

I used to have web guard with Avira premium, now I have it without it, but have not experienced any change in download speed.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

A lot of Av's have free trials. My suggestion would be to start with Eset and Dr. Web since you have already tried Avira.

10. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I agree. I have Avast no problems. Course I removed the dreaded Norton trialware my lappy was choked with from the factory.

11. xandros

thank you for help

i make what you tell me , i uninstall avast pro , then i download it again from the main site of www.avast.com then i install it and i put the key , & then i make full scan of system and update for avast pro , then every thing ok , download speed excellent and very very good, also the browsing very fast now, thank you to help me and fix my problem.

now im happy cuz my new laptop very fast again and the browsing and downloading very fast.

thanx
    thanx
    thanx
    thanx

12. gery

gery Registered Member

Good for you it worked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.