Plz can someone help, 'adaware'

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by flyboy_4, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyboy_4

flyboy_4 Registered Member

First "Moderator" tried & wanted to post this in the adaware forum, kept getting popup saying didn't have new post priviled.
    QUESTION(s)
    #1, when trying to run ADAWARE SE, (on win98se,384 ram-dsl-700mhz0 starts out fine, but then maybe around 7-800 count adaware shows scaning something called "TYPELIB & a long number" and then lockup, only way to unlock is hit CTRL,ALT & delete, then get pop up "'ADWARE NOT RESPONDING" then the window so then i click on close & & everything close's down, & try to start over.If i run adaware 6 it runs ok, but understand adaware 6 is not longer supported by lava soft, also tried completely uninstalling adaware,go to site & re download, that dosen't do any good,
    #2 when i install winxp on SAME COMPUTER adaware works great,

any ide why this is happenning, ?
    or do i need change some settings??

Thank you for the help "flyboy'

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi flyboy_4. :)

I moved your thread to a more appropriate forum. ;)

Do u mean the adware, spyware & hijack cleaning forum?

If so, it has been discontinued. Info here,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=42148

snowbound

3. dog

dog Guest

Hi Flyboy 4,

Welcome to Wilders, ;)

Ad-Aware SE is compatible with Microsoft Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003, so there's no issue there.

Here are a couple more questions for you:

1. How long do you let it hang before you shut it down using task manager?

2. Are you running any other applications at the same time?

3. If you run a scan in "safe mode" is the behaviour the same?

4. What programs do you have running resident (Anti-virus, Anti-spy applications etc.)

You may also like to post or search at Lavasoft's Support Forums -> http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/ ... I'll do a quick search and see what I come up with. ;)

Steve

4. flyboy_4

THANK YOU for the help

"'Snowbound" yes that is where i tried to post this question in the adaware forum,'thank you" for moving it,to the right place,

'STEVE to answer your questions 1 by 1,

1. How long do you let it hang before you shut it down using task manager?
    maybe 15-45 seconds it will hang not doing anty thing, then i click the ctrl,alt delete
    2. Are you running any other applications at the same time?
    running my zone alarm-free & my AVAST antivirus, & cookie wall, but also (at start up automatically) is SPYAD
    3. If you run a scan in "safe mode" is the behaviour the same?
    have not tried it yet in SAFE MODE

4. What programs do you have running resident (Anti-virus, Anti-spy applications etc.)
    AVAST antivirus,no antispy's running but are downloaded onto computer,

THANK YOU for any & all the help, will try now befor looking back here to run in SAFE MODE,(when in safe mode for any reason i always disconnect my phone/dsl connection since no firewall running in safe mode,"take care ok, "flyboy"
    You may also like to post or search at Lavasoft's Support Forums -> http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/ ... I'll do a quick search and see what I come up with.

Steve

5. flyboy_4

added note

When run in safe MODE
    it started ok, run a cple of 100's then stop,but saw computer lites working/blinking, when got to TYPELIB adaware stoped maybe 30-45 seconds,again computer lites show activity
    also showed 5 running process & 74 running Mod, ran short time to 40425, trying again & will wait 2 minutes,(or longer) if computer lites showing activity) when it gets to TYPLIB & #, normal mode usually everything just stops,if i try to move mouse it moves with a 'jerky" movement, "flyboy"

6. flyboy_4

NOW i UNDERSTAND 7 am uninstalling 'adaware'

first THANK YOU to everyone for the help but NOW I KNOW why having a problem,(just discovered it) when running adaware in win98se or on my machine, (have enough memory,& drive space0 but i rebooted computer ok,
    then ran system mechanic to clean out all the junk/garbage files
    AFTER its scan it found over 2500 files that AAW downloaded into temp windows folder,ADAWARE 6 never did this,(took picts of everything -if i can figure out HOW TO load/post them here) and now taking system mechanic over 20 minutes 9even with dsl to remove all these files, also understand why my antivirus was running in between whenadaware would run then stop, then run then stop) so I am un installing adaware 7 will keep my spybots 7 spyblaster in place) "flyboy"

Attached Files:

• 1.gif
      1.gif
      File size:
      40.8 KB
      Views:
  7. flyboy_4

1 last note

First again saying ADAWARE SE works great on winxp, (i know i have used & installed winxp on here for a 30 day trial) but while it may be "'compatable' with win98se, if people don't have enough space,it will run poorly on win98,
    lastly some may say LOOK AT THE DATES U/me INSTALLED IT 12/1997, thats grewat bit for one thing, I DIDN'T have a computer untill 11-28-1999 when i puchased this one, so that must be the date ADAWARE was made,
    finally you can see all the picts & full information at
    http://www2.dslreports.com/forum/remark,12896577~mode=flat

thank you again for the help,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.