Plz,1st time printer problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jazzy1120, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazzy1120

jazzy1120 Registered Member

hello everyone,1st time in this forum,
    Plz gope someone can help,problem with printer,(ist time happened)
    situation printer is a HP:deskjet 3820 hooked up to compaq 7585 computer running win98se,

was printing coopy from a floppy disc ok,all woking good,
    then all of a sudden after finishing a page,
    heard a motor whinning/running, immediately disconnect printer power
    and printer locked up,have un intalled printer,rebooted & re installed nothing,
    from what it looks like when you open the top of printer to replace the ink,
    NORMALLY, the ink holders move to the middle so u can remove them,
    but now when open top cover,
    motor starts to run, ink holder do a jump, but do not move at all,
    any suggestion??wonder if something simple or time to get a new printer,(see picts plz,) thank u for the help "jaz"plz any idea, ist time printer problem

2. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

Sounds like you've got a fried motor and/or drive belt or gear.
    How old is this printer? If it's still under warranty, I'd contact HP for service. Also, if you check your phonebook, you may be able to find an authorized HP servicecenter near you.

3. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Cheaper to buy new (Epson) than repair....... :D

Cochise, :cool:

4. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

Perhaps so. If I recall correctly, the 3820 is nowhere near the top of the line but, if it's still under warranty, I'd contact HP ... and I still prefer HP printers over Epson.

5. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

In all honesty, Cochise is probably correct. IF the printer is more than 2 years old, not worth the time, money, unless it's something pretty simple.

Seriously, I don't know how anyone on here could help you, there could be a whole range of problems it may be.

Best best: Unplug, take it to authorised dealer, get them to check it out [ask first if it costs to do quote for repair], if it's going to cost around the $80-$100 mark, not worth it. You can get lots of very good printers off the shelves for less than $199 or so. Just MO.

TAS

6. as said it is a 'simple printer',
    6-12-04 just recieved a call from HP, about the printer (HP deskjet 3820,(purchased new in 10-2002) after cking & doing 'minor things', he told me that the "hardware has broken down,Sounds like the drive belt or pully on the motor have slipped/broken)
    Tch also said it would probally cost more to get this one fixed then a new one, (cost $100.00 2yrs agao)

but am wonder, (not to start any arguments) if anyone is still useing a good ink printer,(name brand,)for over 2 yrs and still working or is that about the life expect.for a printer?? don't need a fancy ink printer, just a good one,say for about $100-$125.00,,,thanks "jaz"
    P.s.,,taught me one not to be forgotten lesson,
    when something happens to computer or hardware, come here & ask 1st, someone here will know better then a out of country phone tech,,,
    thanks for the help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.