Plugin for BartPE.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bartpe, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bartpe

bartpe Guest

Has ESET considered making an official plugin for NOD32 that can be used in a windows preinstallation environment like Bart's PE (www.nu2.nu).

Basically a lot of people would like to have a resident anti-virus program running from their rescue boot CD. An unofficial plugin for the older version of NOD32 (2.0) can be found on the rescue CD website for PE Builder (www.911cd.net/forums) if you use the search function.

I use NOD32 on my CD and it works great. It updates automatically as soon as the network connection is established. The only thing is that AMON must be started manually. I tried adapting the existing plugin to work with NOD32 version 2.12.2 and everything works except DMON (doesn't even appear).

Maybe I'm asking for too much, but check out these websites and give it a thought.

2. bartpe

bartpe Guest

Sorry I just saw that this topic is already discussed....

3. Howard

Howard Registered Member

It can stand some repetition, it is not exactly a trivial matter ;)

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Bartpe, can you join us at Wilders, and then please send me a Private Message, we are wanting to set up a tutorial on how to do a CD with the latest 2.12.2 version of Nod32, and there is another person also testing a plugin...

Cheers :D

5. lepicane

lepicane Registered Member

It would still feel a lot safer security wise if ESET released an official plugin. Guessing my way through the registry and services to find all the components and possibly missing something important isn't reassuring.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I've sent you a PM regarding this...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.