Plse. check site with Win7 and IE9

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Ocky, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

http://immersive-garden.com/

The site requires flash.

I can't check it with IE9 because I no longer run Windows (nor Wine), but a friend says she has troubles. She runs Win7 64 bit and IE9

"checked everything. Of course I had already tested flash player.
    It was installed automatically.The Troubleshooter page was very infomative and helpful, thank you for the link.
    In IE9, there is no reference scripting except to activate or deactivate script debugging.
    Can't see anything referring to Active X, either.
    Anyway, after all that, I've discovered that it's not the Flash Player, because after using CCleaner, the Intro will play, and magnificently so.
    Top right hand corner of the website has a "checkout" option, which shows OK when you point at it, but doesn't visually respond.
    Maybe that's what causes the problem."

I have no problem with the site in Opera & Firefox with Linux and I don't see the "checkout" option she refers to.

Any ideas ? Nice website btw. :)

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

In my opinion, basing your entire site on flash is a bad idea during a time that people want to gradually phase it out, though I don't have any better suggestions for now.

It works fine in IE9 here so I took a look at your script which seems to force IE into "quirks" rendering mode (IE5). You don't specifically define an X-UA-Compat metadata flag so I assume it's doing that because you haven't set the doctype in your script.

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying her issue is, or if this is her issue but it's a possibility.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Actually I don't see a checkout option either, and the site runs great for me. I wouldn't be too quick to think Flash may not be the issue though. On both IE9 and Chrome, there are a few websites that use Flash (streams) that give me issues. Sometimes the streams will stutter/stop, and you can't click on any other stream links without refreshing the page, and sometimes Flash won't load at all until you close the browser, delete cookies/site data, and open it again. At that point, all will be fine for a few minutes before the trouble starts again.

In Firefox 4, with the older version of Flash and with NoScript/ABP, Flash worked without a single flaw everywhere.

4. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Just to set things straight, it's certainly not my site. :argh:

Thanks for your comments - appreciated.

5. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

My apologies, but the site is pretty cool. :)

6. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

There was a misunderstanding, I sent my friend 2 flash site links and she was referring to
    this one http://anewwarrior.greenpeace.org/ (Great site btw).
    The checkout button works once you have added an item to purchase to your basket !
    She obviously just clicked it without having added anything to the basket.

So all seems well. :)

7. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Both sites seem OK (W7 32-bit & IE9).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.