pls help

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mx1110, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mx1110

mx1110 Registered Member

Hi,

I am using ESET smart security suite 4.2.67.10 and i just installed MSE, microsoft sucurity essentials. My problem is that my system is oevr heating due to either MSE or ESET. I have already contacted microsoft and they blame ESET for it as they say u got 2 antivirus softwares running causing this. Can some1 shed some light on this?

My cpu temp currently is 71*c
    motherboard is 61*c

so in i uninstall MSE, it both comes down to 44*c

Thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does uninstalling ESET and leaving MSE installed has the same effect? Could you check the CPU utilization in the task manager when both products are installed to find out if it's too high? At any rate, it is not recommended to keep 2 real-time protections running at a time as they may clash and cause various problems.

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

not just MS everybody will tell you not to run 2 av concurrently. it may create all kind of system instability. irrespective of this issue update Eset to latest version. not knowing anything about the specs of your comp keep an eye on event viewer logs for more clues

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.