PLS help to review my security setup

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by southcat, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southcat

southcat Registered Member

Hello everybody, the following listing is the current security setup in my Windows XP:

-Comodo firewall+HIPS
    -Spyware terminator
    -Process Guard
    -Avast antivirus free

All the software listed above is freeware and lightweight so my computer is running fast. But i just wonder that if compare to NIS,KIS,BIS,.... Is my current setup fine? Because recently i hope to enhance my computer defence, but my computer is quite old (Intel E2140, 4GB RAM) and i don't want my computer running too slow because of heavy loaded security kit.

I will appreciate if anyone can kindly give me some opinion.:)

Thanks

Regards
    Gavin

2. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

You'll probably get some replies suggesting another favorite flavor of security app over something you're using now, but I would say you've got all your bases covered. I don't run Comodo or Process Guard, but AFAIK you may have some overlap there.

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

southcat, please review Posting Policy Statement - Antivirus Software. Asking to compare your programs would undoubtedly result in an A vs. B thread.

There is enough posted information on every available Anti-virus program here at Wilders to make an informed decision. Spend the time searching and you'll come up with your own answer. You are always welcome to ask any specific question about any specific Anti-virus program. This thread is closed.

JR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.