Pls Help-Error trying to restore tib files to laptop? Run List Corrupted

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pcumming, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcumming

pcumming Registered Member

Been working too many hours on this thing and it is quite annoying. I have used Acronis True Image for years. Have version 9,10.
    Created the bootable CD's as well. Today Acronis sent me an ISO link for bootable 11 today-no help.

I would not make such a bog deal out of it but I had tons of configured programs and tweaked Vista to make it just the way I like it and it crashed and now I cannot restore with Acronis.

No problem whatsoever restoring *.tib files from internal or external hard drive (USB) to my XP installations on 2 other computers. Vista is another story.

--Therefore---
    any Acronis image (i have 4) that I created on my Dell XPS 1530 Vista laptop cause an error when I start recovery stating:
    RUN LIST CORRUPTED and..
    as well as something to the effect of the hard disk size does not match something.......

Perhaps I should just try and install XP on this freaking machine and perhaps use a backup from my XP desktop and then replace the drivers if it would work on the machine..

Any and all ideas appreciated.

Peter
    pcumming@yahoo.com

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Does the Vista image validate OK?

Is there the possibility that your hard drive was the cause of the crash? In other words, could the hard drive be faulty?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Peter,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

It looks like the source hard drive contained the file system errors. Actually, the program should has failed to backup the partition with the file system errors, but it appears Acronis True Image was able to backup the partition with the corrupted file system, but fails to restore it.

You can restore only the necessary data files mounting the archive file.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.