Please suggest FREE Video capture software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by karad, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karad

karad Registered Member

Can you please suggest a FREE Video -mainly .flv,.avi,.wmv- software which might be able to work ok from an XP pro limited account?

At the moment I run only YouRipper for youtube, works fine,very unobtrusive,but you need the file name,hence it is valid for YouTube-like sites only.
    What i need is instead a program which would be able to grab a video from newspapers or other sites which dont provide a file name.

As a matter of fact,I've found one which works flawlessly in admin,but not in limited,and ,moreover,adds an Ask.com toolbar which I dont need, it's Ask&Record toolbar,very good technically wise,but useless for me.
    I already tried Orbit Downloader which I deem too pervasive and seldom working as also VideoDownloader,plus a couple I dont remember anymore.

Anyone?

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

If you use Firefox as your browser then perhaps DownThemAll may fill the bill. Can be read about\downloaded here or here.

3. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

4. axial

axial Registered Member

GAOTD has had quite a few video apps featured lately, so you might find something there. The user comments about each product often have good info (both pro and con) about the app, and often have suggestions on other alternative apps that are worth checking out.

5. karad

karad Registered Member

Thank you very much to you all, i'll consider each one of your suggestions carefully.

I installed Unplug first ,it seems to do its job very well,neat and simple,and it works fine in a ltd account , it is incredible I forgot to check amongst Firefox addons, but better thanks to Pedro now than never!

I've experimentally added FlashGet ,just in case there is an instance where Unplug wont work and I need to find out about the file in order to use another program or FlashGet itself. I hope there is no conflict,I'd be very surprised if there is any.

I will also experiment with DownThemAll in another pc as soon as possible,but for my limited needs I guess it is difficult to surpass Unplug.

@axial, GAOTD is certainly a good suggestion ,just in case they give away something usefull and light.

6. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Attached Files:

7. karad

karad Registered Member

Thank you Chubb, will try it in a few days time.

8. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

9. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

Camstudio is an excellent freeware for you !

Pros: easy to use , low ressource, light soft

Cons: only save on avi format

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.