Please someone help with this virus

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Savannah, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Savannah

Savannah Guest

I have been running mcafee scans for over a year since I started having problems and nothing ever showed up. I ran an online scan last night and found two major virus this is one C:\cpqdrv\PATCHES\DOS1111.BAT Virus: BAT/RBTG.gen* Status: Infected

I have no idea what to do. I am basically stupid when it comes to this. Can someone please tell me what to do, or what to buy. Can I get rid of this? Two of my drives stopped working because of this. I am desperate. Thanks in Advance

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I did a online search and what I found is that it is a nasty trojan. I believe you need to down load the trial version of tds3 and scan your entire system. here is the link to tds.

http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=files

3. Savannah

Savannah Guest

I am there downloading it. Will it tell me what to do? And once I scan everything will the trail version be able to get rid of it? Thans again

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If I remember right it is fairly easy to do a systemscan, and it will clean your system. The link leads to the tds site on this forum. If you need any info on how to set up a different scan ask a moderator at the tds forum at link. good luck, they will take good care of you.

tds

Last edited: Apr 10, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.