PLEASE SAVE ME FROM RELOADING WINDOWSXP

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hans29, Apr 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hans29

hans29 Registered Member

This is a last resort plea. Please help if you can. I have an HP Pavilion 7955 with Windows XP Home edition. Unless someone has a remedy for my many computer problems listed below, I am afraid I will have to go through the agony of wiping my hard drive clean then reloading windows and all the other softwares I have added in the past 3 years.
    PROBLEMS:
    -I get a lengthy “permission denied” message when I try to use most of my system tools like “defrag.” (although I am able to defrag with a non-windows software).
    - Even though I create a new Administrator ACCOUNT in Safe mode and give myself privileges to do everything, I get the same no permission message when I reboot and try to get into the tools files.
    - When I try the F10 disc recovery command, I end up with “User part not found. Partition will be created etc.” But when I click OK I get “cannot create user partition. System recover cannot continue.”
    - At startup I get a message something like “Mssvc has encountered a problem and needs to close.”
    - After running AdAware, it tells me to disable “C\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-458573308-1249257218-1443\SYSTEM32\mssVC.exe,” then reboot. I tried this a number of times but it doesn’t go away.

I have had a few viruses in the past. Is it possible that one of them has permanently corrupted some of my files?

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

please go to link and follow the instructions since you have tried adware skip that and just do the rest. after you have finnished the advised test's post a new topic where it says post new topic here on the bottom of the list at the link thank you.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.