Please recommend alternative to Malwarebytes that has broken installer!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by molitar, Jun 17, 2017.

1. molitar

molitar Registered Member

I am about to demand a refund from this company they have become the worse support ever!

The problem this software will not install if you use a Ramdisk! WTFo_O This is the ONLY software out of probably a hundred I have installed that does not work! So they had me disable my ramdisk ugg.. it took me hours to make my system work again as I had so many variables pointing to it like my temp folders! Got it installed now it won't uninstall without doing the same! So I will use Revo Uninstaller to remove this piece of crap software!

It's been 2 months now since problem reported and Malwarebytes refuses to fix this bug with Ramdisk or upgrade to a real installer software! I have given up on this company and recommending for everyone to avoid this broken product! I can't trust a company to protect me that can't even make a working installer! I will be telling all my clients to dump this software and find a working software that works in any environment!

Can anyone tell me a good replacement software as this one has gone downhill since version 3!

2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Emsisoft or Zemana are great anti-malware, their free version is great for scanning.

Malwarebytes was on the route to the hell a long time ago, but version 3 was the last drop.

3. guest

guest Guest

Avast or avg free, no need to pay for anything, or even WD

4. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

I think Zemana is a strong alternative.

5. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

This is really too bad though I certainly understand your frustration.

Problems started before the holidays, not just 2 months ago. I feel the problems started when they obviously rushed 3.0 out the door before the holidays either in the hopes of increased holiday sales, or just so the developers could have time off for the holidays - or both. In any case, it clearly should have remained in in-house beta for a lot longer than it did.

But I have to say all the major issues have now been ironed out and it is once again a fine product, worth recommending.

As for your RAM disk issue - I suspect the issue is that hardly anyone uses a RAM disk any more. In fact, they never were very well accepted so there is just no priority to expend valuable resources on it.

Note this 2013 How-To Geek article, RAM Disks Explained: What They Are and Why You Probably Shouldn't Use One.

6. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

@molitar
    If you use it as on-demand scanner only, you can go back to v.2 - I'm using it with Ramdisk with no problems with install/uninstall procedure.

7. molitar

molitar Registered Member

Zemana I will have to check it out. I found a lot less adware since I moved to ramdisk as I have my temp folders all located there so when I reboot bye bye any adware that typically installs to the temp directory. Also I save the cache folder for browsers. And I definitely have a lot less junk stay installed or running this way.

8. boredog

boredog Registered Member

Do use this companies RAMDisk http://memory.dataram.com/products-and-services/software/ramdisk
    And if so are you using the free or paid?

9. guest

guest Guest

Adware in temps folders? I doubt it.
    It makes no sense... so CCleaner is a anti adware since it removes files from temp folders?
    Instead using a ram risk use a sandbox.

10. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

11. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

A while back MBAM 3 wouldn't run. My system was clean just MBAM 3 wouldn't run. So I ran Malwarebytes Chameleon & of course it came back clean as well. Then Chameleon asked if I wanted to download MBAM. And Chameleon downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.2.1.1043 not MBAM 3. I've been rocking Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.2.1.1043 ever since. It updates & doesn't bark at all.

12. ozbadcat

ozbadcat Registered Member

It will be a sad day indeed if/when V 2 .1043 is deprived of updated definitions and becomes non-functional ......

13. gery

gery Registered Member

well i think you don't need one if you use a normal antivirus . once in a while you may want to scan with Emsisoft anti malware or anything out there . Even Zemana can do the job.

14. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

maybe a driver issue between. concerning adware - made your own culprit. it may help you out in temp folder, but adware dont resist there - at least disable the adware input, dont load any crap or loader or from unknown hosts. mbam is able to detect adware in many ways and it makes an ram disk unnecessary this way. be conscious of clicking.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.