PLEASE! Program to just randomly play MP3's?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HandsOff, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

I have thousands of MP3's on my computer, and the biggest problems I have when it comes to enjoying the songs is that I tend to get in a rut and play the same songs over and over. Even if i did not have this tendency I suffer from "perpetual MP3 reorganizing syndrome". if I open a folder to play a song, all to often I end up redoing the tags, or some other such task. All I want lots of the time is just to hear some music, and not jump through a lot of hoops. Considering the number of MP3's it would not be practical to make "play lists"

This is a fairly simple task, and I would like to think one could simply click play and select "Random" order in much the same way as we do with hardware cd players. And if the song does not grab me, then hit the >| key and go on to the next random song. It may be I have seen the player that does this but simply did not look in the right place to find this option?

I will dance at your wedding if you can point out this software to me.

-HandsOff

2. dog

dog Guest

The Itunes Player ... has Party shuffle that will play all your MP3 randomly ... also you can sort songs by play count - Last time Played etc. it's a pretty versitile player in that respect ... it's the player I fell in love with

Available for PC ... free from apple ... here's a Link to D/L

HTH

dog - *puppy*

3. Mullyman

Mullyman Registered Member

4. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Isn't Itunes related to Apple/Macintosh? If so, aren't we PC users still at war with them?

as for Q...i have it, but did not know if it would be "The One"

I will try Q first because i have it downloaded already, then i will take a look at Itunes. Thanks for the suggestions!

(speaking of 'the one', Tom Petty's soundtrack 'she's the one' is pretty good)

-HandsOff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.