Please name a program that can Kill/Terminate services?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by NewsAndHistory, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsAndHistory

NewsAndHistory Registered Member

For some reason, I've lost admin-privileges & now I can't open .exe files/programs on my system: Windows XP Pro.

If you can help me, please tell me which services or programs need to be running in order to keep their admin-privileges while using Windows XP?

Also: please name which program(s) you would use to absolutely disable or kill 3rd-party services on Windows XP? . I've tried all 4 of these programs: Component Services (Dcomcnfg.exe), WinPatrol, Task Manager, and MSConfig.exe -but they won't allow me to terminate or disable Online Armor & invasive programs like it.

I tried to uninstall "Online Armor 3.5.0.10", which is still running on my machine (I want to get rid of Online Amor, but it won't allow me to terminate these components of the program (their filenames are listed below):

1. oacat.exe - "Tall Emu" (a.k.a. name of developers' company)
    2. oasrve.exe - "Online Armor Helper Service"

Whenever I try to disable 1 of those programs I get "access denied" messages, like this one:
    Thanks for your kindness & help, in advance.

Tags: Online Amor, Disable, Services, Terminate, Admin Privileges

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

3. Joeythedude

Joeythedude Registered Member

Try Unlocker

4. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Or you could give FileASSASSIN a try, which is also part of MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware. :)

However I suggest you take a backup/image or restore point, since it could always go wrong when killing services.
    Got it once, so that's why I urge you to take your precautions.

Good luck. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.