Please help??

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mildchild, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mildchild

mildchild Registered Member

I have spywareblaster and I was wondering if someone could tell me how to get rid of a virus that keeps trying to turn off my protection for FireFox in spywareblaster. An anti virus program told me it is a worm (Trojan backdoor I think it said) called RECYCLERWin32.B.du. The virus cleaners ( I used more than a few) keep saying it's cleaned but it's still there after six hours of scanning in safe-mode. Please help?? o_O

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

SpywareBlaster's Firefox protection being repeatedly disabled may be unrelated to the other problems you're experiencing on your machine.

Firefox 3.5 has a new option under both "Clear Recent History" and "Settings for Clearing History" (when Firefox closes) called:

• "Site Preferences"
    If you check the Site Preferences option, any custom-configured site preferences (including cookie blocking, image blocking, pop-up blocks/allows etc.) will be cleared. This includes the protection that both SpywareBlaster and other tools like Spybot S & D set.

The simple solution? Don't check the "Site Preferences" box. In most circumstances, there's absolutely no reason to clear them. (i.e. You probably want to keep them.) :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. mildchild

mildchild Registered Member

It was that simple! :) Now if I can sort out mt AV protection I'll be golden. Thank You Very Much Javacool :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.