please help with nod 32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kaminikij, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaminikij

kaminikij Registered Member

I have been running trendmicro internet suite 2006 and when my subscription expired I tried the 2007. I doesnt work well with IE7 and cant have any other security programs installed and its a big resource hog.So I uninstalled it and downloaded the trial version of nod32. I did the trial because I have had so many software conflicts with TM. The version I installed is nod 32 2.7
    What I want is the version with real time spyware protection. (I would like to purchase if it works well for me) Did I download the wrong version? The other problem is after doing an in depth scan the results show about 15 "locked files". How can I get an in depth scan if the files are locked. As you can tell
    I am not much of a computer guru. At this time the only other spyware software installed is spybot. Maybe you can suggest what else I should install? I cant tell you how much I would appreciate your help.
    Thanks kaminikij

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi ! Welcome to the forum !

No , you didn't downloaded wrong version . There is one version only which provides equal protection to all kind of users , protection against all kind of threats . NOD32 includes one engine only but it can protect against everything including:
    • viruses
    • trojans
    • worms
    • spyware
    • adware
    • hack tools
    • dialers
    • hijackers
    • rootkits
    • other kind of malicious stuff

All you need is to make sure it updates and to also run a firewall .
    You can test your protection here or here

Well , this is again no problem and is normal to see . In short , these files are either in use , they are password-protected or are protected by your operating system (Windows) and nothing can "touch" them , they are not viruses. For more information , see the FAQ section (the first reference)

Enjoy! :thumb:

3. kaminikij

Thanks so much for the help. So I dont need to install any other spyware programs? Do you mind me asking 1 more question. I notice when I run disk cleaner I have about 10k offline files. This started before nod. When I try to view them nothing is there. Any idea what they might be?

4. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

I myself use SuperAntiSpyware (http://www.superantispyware.com) Free edition, and Spybot Search and Destroy (http://www.safer-networking.org) to ensure my system stays clean. NOD is very good with spyware and adware, but it is always good to run additional scans such as the ones I recommended.

As for the offline files, I do not have enough networking experience to help. Sorry!

5. kaminikij

thanks again. I am going to download the super antispyware now. Do you keep the realtime protection on?

6. sasa843

sasa843 Registered Member

I would propose You to use it for on-demand scans only because I think that NOD32 realtime protection is enough. But also notice that if You are a risky surfer You should set superantispyware real time protection on as it will not affect regular computer use.

7. The_Duality

Exactly right. I only use NOD32 in real-time, but I run a weekly on demand scan with both NOD and SAS to make sure.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome !

No , no other programs really needed (except from a firewall - either Windows Firewall or another) .

This is nothing to worry about . If you run IE7 , they are set to be protected OS files and that's why you cannot see them .

9. The_Duality

Out of interest HiTech, do you not use any other on-demand scanners on your system?

I guess I am overly paranoid about security :p But then again, I only have my AV and FW running in real time.

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Believe me , I am more paranoid than you when it comes to these things . No , I am behind a NAT device , run Windows Firewall , IE7 and NOD32 .

You changed to KAV again or ... ;)

11. The_Duality

My pc was running far too fast and secure with NOD, so I decided to dirty it up a bit :p

I imagine the Windows Installer Service is getting pretty fed up with me now ;)

Apologies for the off topic, mods :p

Either way you look at it, kaminikij, you are on to a winner. NOD will protect you against everything out there, and 70% of everything that isnt out there yet :D Extra scans are simply for peace of mind - and are entirely up to you.

12. kaminikij

Thank you all. You dont no how much you have helped. I am trying hard to learn about security but it seems as I finally get it, it changes again! I no I will be back for more advice.Also thanks for making me feel welcome and not idiotic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.