Please help-Unwanted tool bars

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Highland Angel, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Highland Angel

Highland Angel Registered Member

Hello,

I've posted on here before and you guys helped me fix my problems...I hope maybe you can help again.

This morning when I opened IE there was a new tool bar...one that I did not download. It one at the top and one at the bottom of the page. I want this gone and I don't know how to get rid of it. I did a scan with ad aware as well as Spy bot. Ad aware found some stuff and so I got rid ot that...it apparently did not get rid of the tool bar because it is still here. The only thing I recenly downloaded was the new update for MessengerPlus! I have deleted that and it still did not get rid of the tool bar. I have done a Hijack this scan but I see you do not accept logs to be looked at anymore so I have no where to post it to see if I can get someone to look at it. The tool bar at the top says search on it with a bunch of tabs, and the bottom one is blue with links and drop down menus. It also seems to send a bunch of pop ups...even though I have a pop up blocker. Please if someone knows how to get rid of this can you please help me. I don't want this on here! :doubt:

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi Highland Angel,

Take a look at THIS THREAD. If you click on the ASAP logo and go to their site, a list is provided of recommended sites to go to for HJT log analysis.

HTH...

3. Highland Angel

Thanks.

Do you by chance happen to know any other way to possibly remove this tool bar?

4. puff-m-d

Since you have already ran both Ad Aware and SpyBot Search & Destroy, the next step would be to post a HiJack This! log to one of the recommended sites I referred you to in my last post.

HTH....

5. Highland Angel

I have done so on a few of the sites listed...now I am just waiting...I guess I was just hoping that maybe someone would know how to get rid of it...thanks anyway. :doubt:

6. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Hi Angel and I was looking at your post in our forum (Spyblocker) but you should follow the manual (sticky) to prevent reinfection.

Thanx

Opt.

7. puff-m-d

Just have a little patience and someone on the sites you posted to will get to your log soon. I know it is hard to wait around when you have something on your system you want to get rid of as I have been there myself. There is really no way we can help you here without a HJT log, and we do not accept the posting of them here anymore as we do not have the staff to support it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.