Please help restoring my system

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tpollard, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tpollard

tpollard Registered Member

I have a question about Acronis True Image 8.0. I see you guys are all experts so here goes.
    I loaded all of my core software on my system (Windows XP, Office XP, and all other software I wanted. Even had a 6 in 1 memory card reader) Everything was exactly like I wanted. When I looked at My Computer I saw all six different drive letters for the 6 in 1 reader also. Then I performed and entire C:\ drive system backup to D:\ drive (a second harddrive in my system). When performing the backup the total size was about 5 Gig so the system prompted me that it would need to create two files because of the size (Spanning). I have one file a little over 4 Gig and another that is almost 1 Gig.

My question is how do I do the restore. I click on the Acronis icon on the desktop then I follow the prompts to reboot the system. Since I have two files to restore which one do I use first? The first file that is 4 Gig or the second file that is 1 Gig? I've tried both ways, after I run one of the files and it completes then I navigate to run the second file and the system wants to delete the partitions and not just continue with the restore. I was thinking this would be like restoring multiple zip files (after one completes, you insert the next and continue with the unzipping process). Does the program automatically load and run the second file and I just can't see it or do I have to do that manually?

Problems that I am noticing is that my USB ports do not work (Printer, external DVD writer, JumpDrives). Also, it doesn recognize my 6 in 1 memory card reader. I'm thinking that all of the files are not being restored correctly. Please provide any help you can. Thanks

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

It doesn't matter which one you select. They are part of the same backup, and TI will know that. Both parts will be used in the restore.

If you are having a problem restoring, run the Check Image to confirm that the image is not corrupt.

Try booting from the TI Recovery CD and doing the restore from TI in that environment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.