Please help- question about legallity

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Oximoronman, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oximoronman

Oximoronman Registered Member

Hi,
    before 3 years IBM had on public ftp server IBM PC DOS 2000 which anyone could download.When you tried to install it, license agreement is the same as in commercial version. I sent email to IBM USA to ask about legal status of that system.They said to me to ask IBM China or IBM Europe.IBM China didn't response,IBM Europe sent me to ask IBM office there,and they sent me to ask IBM office there and in circle,never end,no answer.After one month IBM deleted PC DOS 2000 from server.
    What you can say about legal status of PC DOS 2000 from their server? Is that mistake, or backup copy? Or that was backup copy? When producer offered something for free download as IBM in this case,without notice if that backup or upgrade,that is freeware as soon as I know.

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

What does EULA say? Does it need activation or registration? Can it still be bought from IBM?

3. Oximoronman

Oximoronman Registered Member

No activation,no registration.System is discontinued by IBM in early 2000s

4. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

What does the licence agreement say? Do you have to buy it to have right to use it? OTOH they don't sell and develop that software any more and you get no response from them. I doubt that they will get into legal action if you use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.