Please help...problem with restoring

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by natetron66, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natetron66

natetron66 Registered Member

Hi, I created a full image of a hard drive. I have replaced the hard drive. I boot from the acronis boot disk. The acronis program names my cd drive "C", so when I restore my image it is changing My Image's "C" drive to "D" drive which is incorrect. How do I avoid this? How do I correctly restore this image with the hard drive being "C" and the cd drive being "D"? Thanks!

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

It shouldn't matter, when you boot with the restored hard drive, Windows should make it C again.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

As Ralphie said, don't worry about it.

Since you have a new hard drive which hasn't been partitioned or formatted, it is unreadable and isn't assigned a drive letter yet. The CD drive has a disk which can be read, so it gets the first drive letter (A and B are reserved for floppies) which is C.

Restore the image to the new hard drive and be sure to restore either the entire disk or include the MBR in the restore. When you boot up, the hard drive is now readable and gets the C drive letter. Windows will then assign your CD to D.

4. MTX

MTX Registered Member

Acronis 10 Save Mode alway get all my drive letters correct but Full Mode will asign A: to my external USB drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.