Please help me

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hlpsg, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hlpsg

hlpsg Registered Member

Hi
    I have two problems I hope support can help me with.

1) I just bought Acronis True Image 9.0. After installation I tried to do a full backup (disc image), but after running for awhile, the program terminates itself and when I view the log it says:

- Pending operation 112 started: "Saving partition structure"
    - Pending operation 115 started: "Creating partition image"
    - Error (module 100) (Error code: 4 (0x640004)) Please insert the next volume
    - Error (module 1) (Error code: 502 (0x101F6)) Operation with partition "C":was terminated with code 458786 "Operation cancelled by user"
    - Warning: Terminated by user

I did not touch anything. I am running XP Home, my harddisk is 40GB. I'm backing up to a DVD+RW disc that is 4.7GB in size.

I'm guessing my DVD size is not enough? How big will the image be for a disk my size?

2) I went to Acronis webpage to try to download the latest build, but when I click on it, which brought me to this page:

https://www.acronis.com/my/download/?trueimage9.0.3567_s_en.exe

It says "The page cannot be found"

Appreciate any help you can provide, in the meantime I'll try burning to my harddisk and then transferring over to DVD.

Thanks,
    HL

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

You won't be able to burn to the same disk you are creating the image from unless you set up a Secure Zone using TI.

Have you read faq.html#27

post=630916

These might be of help, I haven't tried recording to DVD myself so apart from the above, I can't offer you any extra help.

Colin

3. hlpsg

hlpsg Registered Member

Hi Colin
    Thanks for the links, yes I've read them and I'm runing Nero's InCD.

The burning process works fine, until about 12% or so, then I get the error messages mentioned.

Does anyone know how big the disc image file is going to be for a 40GB harddisk? I suspect it is bigger than what the DVD+RW can contain?

Thanks

4. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Burning directly to DVD poses the most problems for those who try to do so. The approximate amount of compression using "Normal" will be roughly 60%. How much of the 40 gig is used?

If you must keep your backup image on dvd media, better to first make the Image on a hard drive in dvd chunks and then burn those to dvd.

5. zzzz73

zzzz73 Registered Member

I bet you're creating the image into the HDD first before burning into a DVD. The image that you've created may be too big to be stored into a DVD. A single layer DVD is only 4.7GB.

However, in TI9.0 Home, there is an option that allows you to split the image into sizes about that a DVD can store, you'll just need to store into more than 1 DVD.

While setting up for backup, instead of using the option "Use default options", select "Set options manually".

In the next page, select "Archive splitting". You'll then be shown a page which has the option "Automatic" or "Fixed size. Please specify the size:".

Select "Fixed size..." and in the combo box below the option, choose "4.7GB - 4.7G DVD Drive".

Continue with the backup process and burning into DVD using your DVD burner utility.

6. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

What version of InCD?
    Earlier versions were very buggy.
    Actually, I gave up on InCD about 3 years ago.
    Perhaps, newer versions are better?

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Colin,

Actually, due to TI's special "snapshot" technology, you don't need to set up a Secure Zone in order to save the image to the same partition/hard drive that's being imaged.

Obviously you can't restore such an image as the partition, along with the that image, would be deleted at the start of the restore process. However, it would allow hlpsg to copy the split image files to DVDs as either DVD-ROM (ISO) or DVD-ROM (UDF) compilations as detailed in the link to my earlier reply without the need for a Secure Zone.

Regards

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hlpsg,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are glad to inform you that starting with the build (3625) Acronis True Image 9.0 Home supports writing backup archives to DVD directly.

If you are registered user of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then you can download the latest build (3633) from the Product Updates section of your account at our web site. To get access to updates you should create an account, then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

In case with the new build you can leave 'Archive splitting' option set to 'Automatic' when backing up to DVD discs. The User's Guide and FAQ will be updated shortly.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.