Please help, I can't mount my Encrypted HDD

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by CryptoMan, Jan 23, 2018.

1. CryptoMan

CryptoMan Registered Member

Hi all,

I have an old External Backup HDD which I've encrypted (Full disk encryption) with TC few years ago, and it's an hidden partition...
    I haven't accessed the drive for more than a year, and I know the password, but I get "Incorrect password or not a TC Volume".
    So I can't access it and I suspect that there is something wrong with that HDD's Header, but I want to make sure before I trash it.

And I have tried with TrueCrypt on Windows8.1 and I have also tried with VeraCrypt on Linux (on TC mode) but no luck!
    Both Windows and Linux see the hidden drive when I click on "Select device" and it's on: \Device\Hardisk3\Partition1
    I tried to mount in by clicking "Select device" by selecting the Physical disk, and the Partition itself (like I used to), but no luck!

I don't know if it helps, but I already tried other method with no luck, because unlike in his tutorial
    I couldn't see the "TrueCrypt Boot Loader token"! Maybe something went wrong with my External SSD? or perhaps it's because my HDD is hidden?

Also, I have opened the drive with WinHex and tried @dantz tips from here, and I don't have any zeros, I have random characters!

What can I do in order to access my data?

Please help,
    Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.