PLEASE help - found viruses...

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by glenncraneuk, Aug 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glenncraneuk

glenncraneuk Registered Member

OK i just did a virus check cos i noticed wen i got my computer quite a few months ago i didnt have any anit virus software on the computer.

And lately it been messing around..so i did the trend micro free virus scan on the net and it found like 10 or 11 virus including.

TROJ SMALL.FO
    CHM PSYME.Y
    HTML REDIR.A
    CHM WIMPSTART.A
    JS IESTART.PS

AND

TROJ SMALL.IQ
    TROJ SMALL.GO
    TROJ REVOP.A
    TROJ STILEN.A

I dont have any money at the mo to fix it so is there any free way i could fix this?

PLEASE help

Glenn

Last edited: Aug 9, 2004
  2. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

glenncraneuk,

You need an anti-virus program. There is a BIG difference between running an online virus scan once in a long while (months!) and having an anti-virus program constantly checking for viruses.

The online scan will find viruses that have already taken root in your computer and probably done damage, but an anti-virus program running constantly (also known as running "resident") will prevent viruses from taking root in your system and doing any damage.

There are a couple of free anti-virus programs that are considered to be very good or even excellent. The two most often discussed here are

AVG
    http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

and

AVAST
    http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html

I'm not familiar with any of the viruses or trojans on your PC - and you may have even more viruses that weren't identified. Please install an anti-virus program on your machine. They may be able to eliminate some or all of the viruses you have. Be warned, there may be additional special steps needed to get rid of these pests. If so, some of the nice folks here might have more advice to help you get rid of those viruses.

3. glenncraneuk

glenncraneuk Registered Member

Yeh,

Will make sure i download one of those ASAP, and at the mo in middle of dwloading bullguard is that any use or not?

Anyway thanx for the help and will get back to you ASAP.

Thanx
    Glenn

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

when you did the online scan, did you check the box to fix virii that were found before the scan started?

5. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Umm.. well I haven't heard many good things about it, but I admit I haven't heard much at all. I do know it isn't free. If you are comfortable paying for an antivirus progam, you may want to select one from this review:

http://www.wilders.org/anti_viruses.htm

Either way, do let us know how it goes.

6. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.