please help - crazy computer!?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by lost-ross, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lost-ross

lost-ross Registered Member

hi all im ross :D im new here so i dont know how everything works but heres some background info that you need to read really lol. i am soooooo glad i found this forum because i have needed help on my computer for a long time. i got a new computer about 2 years ago, its a Tiny, intel inside celeron D (i know celerons arent the best but this was great!!) so all was fine because i didnt have the internet, and then my sister tried to connect me to our old connection blueyonder. this wouldnt work so she rang tiny and they said that there is something inside the computer which only allows this 'supernet' to be your internet, and if you disconnect it you will get hundreds of viruses lol (but he wasnt lieing!!) she disconnected it and now my computer, my dads and the laptop are on broadband but my comp is messed up!! heres some problems and i really hope you can help.

i have AVG7.1 and Ad-aware software but i get like 40 viruses on ad-aware and like 5 on AVG every 3-4 days!! my computer is full of viruses, i have this pop-up blocker thing, and i have the google toolbar which stops pop-ups but neither of them work well, i get these dating pop-ups and gambling pop-ups all the time and somehow this loopyloveoffers (which is a pop-up) knows my email address because i got an email of them!!! (i have never signed up to a dating service lol im only 14) whenever im on a website and i click on a hyperlink, a new window is supposed to come up isnt it? well it comes up but its blank, and the information thats supposed to be in, isnt there. so to view somethings i have to right click the link and add it to favorates, but you cant do this with everysite. Oh and when i click on the internet i always get this message --- Avvg have found a virus located in C:\documents and settings\ross\application data\online\proxy\skip axis.exe the virus is a trojan horse downloader.swizzor.8.BA. and my home page which should be google, always changes to search200 where my pop-up blocker thing goes mad (maybe MORE viruses!?) i think i have millions of hidden viruses that my computer or AVG cant detect.

i really hope you can help me please, so in general i need to stop all these viruses which i get because of this supernet, Oh i also have zone alarm firewall and its updated regularry, i need to sort this new window thing out, and the pop-ups and all these VIRUSES!!!! lol maybe i need new software what do you recommend?? please help i gotta get this sorted once and for all :thumb: :thumb: :D :D :cool: :cool: Please help :D:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2006
  2. lost-ross

i cant tell you how many viruses there are its untrue!! my computer will be fine for a day or 2 and then its got another 50, i blame this supernet thing, so can anyone help!? (im the person who just made this thread, im just adding a lil extra lol)

3. lost-ross

lol and i also get these icons on my desktop, like cellphone ringtones and XXX dating, and in my favorates section i get all these folders like cool stuff and when i right click them to delete they only say close toolbar o_O :doubt:

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

ross,

Go through some general cleaning exercises, see here and/or here.

It's not obvious that you need new software, it could be a simple matter of configuration, updating, and recognition when things start to go astray. You might also check out the Kaspersky Online Scanner, note - you need to use Internet Explorer since it's Active-X based. You mention ZA updating...., AVG should be what's updating on a continuous basis, not ZA....

If you want to trial an alternate AV solution, by all means do so (I use a mix of NOD32, Kaspersky AV, and F-Prot on various systems if you're looking for some options to try), but try to stabilize your system first since any installation may be compromised on a sufficiently unstable platform.

Blue

5. lost-ross

thanks ill try some but i cant click them links, could you give the address it gives out please ( i cant click them because of the blank window thing lol this has happened since i got the comp)

6. lost-ross

i have gone to the sites by using favorates but i cant do the kaspersky because i cant right click it and it doesnt come up!? any suggestions? im going to try and do some of them viruse checkers so if anyone else has any more suggestions about the window thing or viruse i will come back and check it out

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

8. BlueZannetti

The explicit links cited are as follows:

hxxp://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=50662
    hxxp://www.dslreports.com/faq/13616
    hxxp://usa.kaspersky.com/services/free-virus-scanner.php

Just replace the hxxp:// with http://

Blue

9. lost-ross

ok thanks alot, ill get back to you all and tell you how everything is going:D

10. lost-ross

VX2 Cleaner?

hello again, well im doing the virus checks as suggested before but i dont understand this VX2 cleaner? thanks if you can help :D

11. lost-ross

online scans?

hi does anyone know where i can do some online scans? for viruses etc. its just i cant use the panda one because it brings up a new link. i have done the housecall one, but i have two adware that cant be fixed on that, so does anyone know anymoreo_O it would be greatly appreciated thanks again :D

12. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

13. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi lost-ross,

Here's the info for running VX2 in case you were previously confused ....

http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/index.php?showtopic=11150

If your unable to get to there, here are the instruction's taking into account the circumstance (hope they don't mind).
    If your build of AdAware is different, the order of event's should remain the same.

PS MODS - If anything I posted is out of place, don't hesitate.

GF

14. lost-ross

ahh thanks alot, ill go check them both out now, does anyone know why i cant bring up new links? i thought it may have been a viruse but i have never been able to do it, and now my computer seems pretty clean so anyone have any ideas? maybe it could be to do with the settings? please help and again, thanksss!!!!!!

15. BlueZannetti

Ross,

Could you explain precisely what you are doing to bring up a link and exactly what you are seeing? Also, browser and OS used? Other security related applications running (firewall, etc.)?

Blue

16. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

17. lost-ross

sorry this is a tad late lol, but what i mean is... say someone gives out a link in a thread www.google.com --- you click that and a new internet browser comes up with it on doesnt it? well if i click it then a a browser comes up but nothing happens, the page is blank (white) it has an address bar but theres nothing in it, it doesnt say on the bottom of the screen searching for site blah blah and then done, it just does nothing, i have once left it for 1 hour and nothing happened. its annoying because on other forums or all over the web really you have to click on a link and a new window comes up. the only way i can view it, is if i right click the link and say add to favorates. then click in my favorates and go from there (because it doesnt bring up a new window.) but i cant right click and add to favorates in forums (you know like click reply) because in most a new box comes up and thats where you write your thread. i cant click on all sorts of things and it does my head in! if anyone could help i would greately appreciate it, thanksss soo much for this guys n girls :D:D:D ;););)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.