PLEASE HELP...Cookies are enabled but still can't log in...

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by browneyes, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. browneyes

browneyes Registered Member

I have a problem that needs to be fixed and I hope that someone here can help.

I'm having a problem logging in to my account on Ancestry.com. When I go to the home page and put in my username and password it tells me "You must enable cookies in your browser in order to log in". I've never had a problem accessing it before.

I have tried accessing it with IE 6.0, Mozilla Firefox and Yahoo! and with each one I get the same response about the cookies. I've checked all 3 and it is showing that "cookies are enabled". So far this is the only site that I'm having trouble getting into.

I sure would appreciate it if someone could give me an idea of what else to check or do?

I'm running Windows XP, I have shut down my firewall, turned off my pop-up blocker, cleared all my cookies and still the same response. I wasn't sure if un-installing any of the browsers and re-installing them would do any good or not.

Thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.