PLEASE HELP...Cookies are enabled but still can't log in...

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by browneyes, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. browneyes

browneyes Registered Member

I have a problem that needs to be fixed and I hope that someone here can help.

I'm having a problem logging in to my account on Ancestry.com. When I go to the home page and put in my username and password it tells me "You must enable cookies in your browser in order to log in". I've never had a problem accessing it before.

I have tried accessing it with IE 6.0, Mozilla Firefox and Yahoo! and with each one I get the same response about the cookies. I've checked all 3 and it is showing that "cookies are enabled". So far this is the only site that I'm having trouble getting into.

I sure would appreciate it if someone could give me an idea of what else to check or do?

I'm running Windows XP, I have shut down my firewall, turned off my pop-up blocker, cleared all my cookies and still the same response. I wasn't sure if un-installing any of the browsers and re-installing them would do any good or not.

Thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.