!Please HELP!Cant Remove Certain Virus

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Big_Joe, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big_Joe

Big_Joe Registered Member

Hey guys I have recently have been hit with a virus on my desktop and I'm having a bit of trouble knocking it out completely.

Im am lead to believe its mainly Mal ware.

The main things that im hit with are called
    Prunnet.exe

And the one I cannot get rid of
    Nxtepad.exe

Now I have used Malwarebytes first it found a bunch of stuff and said it cannot remove some things because there are in systems and in use so they only can be removed on restart

Malwarebytes failed to completley remove it from my computer.

Other programs i have run to attemt to get rid of it is Spyware Search&Destroy
    and my CA Anti Spyware and Ca Anti Virus programs.

All failed to completely remove the infection that is harming my beloved desktop.

Now the latest program I attempted to use which seemed to work the best was UnHackMe alas I though that I had finally removed the threat, how mistaken I was.

The program is succesful in removing 99% of the problem but I am left with one program that continues to haunt it

It is seen as Nxtepad.exe and 1% the Nxtepad.exe is associated with the notepad.exe from what it tells me.

Please if anyone knows how to get rid of this problem let me know.

If theirs any information that I might have left out that you need to know to assist me don't be afraid to ask

Looking forward to your assistance,
    Joe

I am also leaving out that i have a recurring error message that reads C:\windows\system\xccef090131.exe is not a valid win32 application

I am aware that xccef090131.exe is an infection.

2. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Big_Joe, best thing you can do is download HijackThis but don't post the log here because it's not allowed anymore - TOS. Instead, visit any of the Web sites listed on that thread and post your HJT log file there.

As innerpeace stated, these are nasty and you'll require more help, plus detailed fixes, based on the HJT log, than we can give you here.

4. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

I agree with JRViejo. I believe there are going to be some manual steps involved with removing these puppies.

When you get it fixed up, then we can help you with keeping that kinda stuff off of the machine ;).

5. Big_Joe

i actually have Hijack this on my computer but i was a bit afraid to use it if i would remove the wrong programs because my father recently put new stuff into into my desktop however I will attempt to go in manually with Hijack this right now ill keep you up to date.

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Big_Joe, don't attempt to remove any item without expert guidance. You can do more harm than good. That's why you need to visit any of those Web sites and post your log there to obtain specific instructions.

7. Big_Joe

Hey guys, I have an update on my problem, I didint go in and post my log on the listed websites which is going to be my next step however the main reason that i cannot delete the problem to the full extent is because it continuously relocates itself so every time it goes to delete it it cannot be found.

Im going to go post my HijackThis log and hope it can solve the problem.

I really need to get my computer back up and running for work related reasons.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  8. kalisun

kalisun Registered Member

Try these programs:

http://www.freedrweb.com/

http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html - I see you have CA AV program already installed..Its recommended to use only one active AV program at a time, if you can remove your other av and install this one, that would help.. IMHO this one is better..but thats just my personal preference..when it asks after it installs if you want to do a "Boot System" scan, select yes and then reboot your system..it'll start a scan before it loads Windows, very helpful to eliminate viruses.

http://www.prevx.com/freescan.asp

http://www.download.com/ccleaner/

I would recommend downloading these programs and then running a scan in Safe Mode...

Good Luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.