Please do help spywareinfo.com

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by nadirah, May 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

In February, someone launched a massive denial of service (DDoS) attack against SpywareInfo and several other antispyware web sites. These sites are all in operation again after taking rather expensive steps to defend themselves.

Sadly, the attackers have not given up the attack against antispyware sites. ComputerCops.biz is being hammered by a similar attack, possibly by the same people who attacked SpywareInfo.

The cost of bandwidth used up by the attack is close to putting this site out of business. This would be a great loss to the antispyware community and they need serious help to prevent it from happening. If you can spare a few bucks and have a Paypal account or don't mind signing up for one (signing up is free), please contribute what you can to help this site stay alive.

The address is http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/rd/ccdonate. Thank you very much for helping out.

Everyone, please do help. We cannot let the attackers succeed in bringing spywareinfoforum.com down to its knees.

2. nexsen

nexsen Registered Member

It seems that spywareinfoforum.com as well as tom coyote's site are both down today. The link to contribute to spyware (which I did initially when I started using hijackthis) is on their down site. Can you supply their Paypal ID so those of us who wish to contribute more can do it drectly through PayPal? Thank you.

3. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I suggest waiting for their website to be repaired first, then you try the link again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.