please can you help

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by skylab3200, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skylab3200

skylab3200 Registered Member

Hi, to you all. I want to clone my C drive whitch is 160gb to a 250gb drive I also have a slave E drive 80gb,I don't want to clone the E drive just yet.What I did was to disconnect my E drive,connected the 250gb drive and ran TI 9 to clone my C drive that went ok,but when I removed my old C drive,reconnected my E drive and booted whith the new C drive it did not see my E drive,should I leave the E drive connected when I do the cloneing?also I want all of the new C drive 250gb to be usable as a C drive how do I do that please.Thank you for any help. A very merry Christmas and a happy new year to all.Brian

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Create the bootable Rescue CD from the installed TI software (it has all the Backup/Restore/Recovery/Clone features on it), boot with it and try the clone again.

3. skylab3200

Thanks,but do I need to have the E drive connected.Thanks

4. skylab3200

Thanks for your help.I have sorted it out now,cloned with my E drive connected. Happy new Year to all.

5. skylab3200

AH I think I found out what I did wrong.
    The new C drive is a WD 250gb the jumper setting I used was master,I now have it set as master with slave present!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.