please can you help

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by skylab3200, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skylab3200

skylab3200 Registered Member

Hi, to you all. I want to clone my C drive whitch is 160gb to a 250gb drive I also have a slave E drive 80gb,I don't want to clone the E drive just yet.What I did was to disconnect my E drive,connected the 250gb drive and ran TI 9 to clone my C drive that went ok,but when I removed my old C drive,reconnected my E drive and booted whith the new C drive it did not see my E drive,should I leave the E drive connected when I do the cloneing?also I want all of the new C drive 250gb to be usable as a C drive how do I do that please.Thank you for any help. A very merry Christmas and a happy new year to all.Brian

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Create the bootable Rescue CD from the installed TI software (it has all the Backup/Restore/Recovery/Clone features on it), boot with it and try the clone again.

3. skylab3200

Thanks,but do I need to have the E drive connected.Thanks

4. skylab3200

Thanks for your help.I have sorted it out now,cloned with my E drive connected. Happy new Year to all.

5. skylab3200

AH I think I found out what I did wrong.
    The new C drive is a WD 250gb the jumper setting I used was master,I now have it set as master with slave present!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.