Please can anybody help with Scheduled Tasks!!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by petebib, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petebib

petebib Registered Member

Problem: Schedule tasks based on time will not run. However Schedule tasks based on events (ie: When I log on, When I log off) work okay.
    Events leading to problem: Initially installed TI9.0 on my 80gb drive to see how TI works. All features worked INCLUDING Schedule tasks based on time.
    Next I cloned my 80gb to a 120gb using the TI9.0 cloning feature because I needed more space. Upon completion of cloning, the disk was set up as the C drive and the system started up as advertised, just as if it were the old 80 gb drive.
    Next I tried to set up several Scheduled Tasks and found they didn't work. I read the Acronis Forum board to see if somebody else had similar problems. There were a few that sounded very similar and I followed the Acronis representative's recommended steps. They included running schedmgr.exe, stopping and uninstalling services, replacing schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe, and starting up services.
    Next I ensured my password was set, which it was, just like it was set on my 80 gb drive which worked.
    Next I checked for duplicate tasks running in the system task manager, none found, everything looks okay.

But the Scheduled Tasks don't work!!
    I even uninstalled and re-installed the TI9.0 software with the 3677 upgrade just as it was before.
    Again the Scheduled Tasks don't work!!

Please; Can anybody help me!!!!

Thanks
    Pete

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Were these tasks set up using v8 or a very early version of 9?

Tasks in 9 are stored in a different place to that of 8.

Not sure if this is the problem, but it wouldn't hurt to check.

Colin

3. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

When you open TI and look in the Active Tasks pane, is there anything listed under Status or Schedule for those tasks?

I had to reinstall 3677, and although all my tasks were still there, all the day/time info was gone and had to be added again.

4. Thiggy

Thiggy Registered Member

I've experienced issue in the past with scheduled tasks not running after installing a program update. To resolve the issue, the tasks were deleted and recreated.

5. petebib

petebib Registered Member

All,
    After reviewing you comments I examined my Scheduled Tasks and found 1 of my several Tasks that didn't have any info in the Active Task pane.
    - Next I deleted the Scheduled Task in question and created a new Scheduled Task. The new Schedule Task would NOT run.
    - Next I deleted ALL my Schedule Tasks (including the one I just created) and created a new Schedule Task. The new Scheduled Task WOULD now run.
    - Next I created some additional Schedule Tasks, there ALL work!!
    It appears that once this problem appears you probably have to delete ALL your Tasks and start over.

Thanks everbody for your help!!!
    Pete

Note: I created my 120gb drive using the TI 9.0 (3677) Clone feature. If TI's tools didn't clone their own software correctly what else have they missed during the cloning process?? o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.