Playback a partition !!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Conqueror, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conqueror

Conqueror Registered Member

Hello,
    could it be, that in Acronis True Image Version 9 build 2.337, it is not possible to write only a partition back to its original place, and not to delete also an another partition, which is one the same hard drive.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

TrueImage can make an image of just one partition on a hard drive. It can also make an image of multiple partitions on the same hard drive.

TrueImage can restore a single partition from a backup of one or multiple partitions to it's original location or to a different location.

The limitations are that the image cannot be stored on the partition that is being restored (you cannot restore C if the image is stored on C); and the target partition must be large enough for all the contents of the image (you can't restore an image of a partition with 10GB used to a 9GB partition).

Does that answer your question?

3. Conqueror

Conqueror Registered Member

I try it more in detail

I make a image of C:\, but on the harddisc is also anothe partition for example D:\.
    When i want to restore C:\, i must delete also the partition D:\. This is new for me in version 9.

4. MartinH

MartinH Registered Member

Sorry, but that isn't correct.

When you have an image of C: stored on another partition or removable disc, you can overwrite the existing C: partition with the one that is in the image.

Simply select "restore", than the image you want to restore, and select your existing partition C: as target.

You shouldn't need to delete d: .
    Why do you think you must do so?
    If TrueImage gives such a message to you, please make a screenshot and post it here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.