Placing Secure Zone on RAID-1 array

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rdgrimes, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Registered Member

I've placed my Secure Zone on a RAID-1 array, a separate array from the one being imaged. If this array should happen to fail, leaving me with only one of the 2 drives functioning, will Acronis still be able to access that drive? According to the Promise Array manual, the controller should default to the one good drive and still be functional, but will this in any way affect the Acronis functions?
    The Secure Zone and the Recovery Manager are both on this array, I guess. But I wonder if there mught be any issues with the boot manager not seeing the remaining drive in the same way.

I suppose one could test this by unplugging one drive, anybody ever done that?

2. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

TI doesn't see a RAID-1 array as two drives, all it ever sees is a single drive so if you unplug one of the drives in the array TI will still see the drive where you have your SZ located. Try booting your system with one drive unplugged and see if you can still run 'check image' on the image(s) in SZ.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rdgrimes,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Actually, we have not tested it yet but assuming that your hard drives are in RAID 1 array which is a simple mirroring, everything should work fine in case you will remove one of your hard drives from your RAID 1 array.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.