Piece of mind or waste of $$

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by luk@u, Nov 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luk@u

luk@u Guest

hi
    I've been running scans for the last year and a half for trojans week after week
    and it's always the same result ...nothing found

hmm, well It's great having this state of the art security system installed but if i'm already taking senseable precautions to begin with ,then am i not just being a bit of a turd loading my comp with this extra armory

btw: I wouldn't really consider myself fortunate to have avoided an infection for this lenght of time I think it has more to do with that spongy stuff between my ears LOL

just my 2 c

cheers

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Hi Luk. I'm a bit of an "over-kill freak".I have security systems in abundance.Where I live the average surfer doesn't use much security.Maybe an anti-virus program,hardly anyone uses a firewall.And they do pay eventually!A local school has computers infected by a trojan!I look at TDS as piece of mind for me.Having the program and running it IMO is worth more than the purchase price.I learn something everyday,and I've been a registered user for only a few days!Hey!Nothing wrong with extra armor! ;)

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Great for being clean all time! At least scan some suspicious email if it ever enters.
    But using TDS you will know it has so many more abilities then just catching trojans and prevent them from running.
    The helpfile is a piece of education which in a bookstore would cost a multifold of the price for TDS alone!

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi luk@u :)

I consider it exactly like house/car insurance. Ya gotta have it, but hope to never have a fire/crash.

However, if you do, you are covered. I have had an AV since 1996, AT & AW for around 2 years, FW for about 2 months, and have ever seen only about 6 'attacks', plus about 6-10 infected email attachments, and of those, my ISP caught 95% anyway [give notice of 'infected file' removal].

So overall, it's still a wise decision to incorporate at least a good AV and Firewall at the very least and consider them to be a 'insurance premium payment'.

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Yeah and those insurances never say "good morning, would you like a coffee?" when you open their product, nor can you have them playing your tunes and use them as a jukebox or coffeemachine, smacking hackers in the most kind ways, etc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.