PhrozenSoft VirusTotal Uploader not working, looking for an alternative

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by roger_m, Mar 16, 2016.

1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I used to use their VirusTotal uploader on occasion to scan files at VirusTotal. However, it is not longer working for me, and the project seems to be abandoned.

I am looking for an alternative other than VirusTotal's own uploader. I don't like the VT's own software as it limits you to uploading five files at once, and opens a VT page for every file scanned in a browser window. In comparion, Phrozen's tool let you do a batch upload of many files, and it kept track of the scan results itself, making it a huge impovement of VT's tool in my opinion.

2. phalanaxus

phalanaxus Registered Member

There was X-ray from raymond but it doesn't work as of now. If you don't mind uploading single files you can use VThashcheck. If you can settle with a little less number of files there is jottiq which does exactly what you want.

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

@phalanaxus I have installed JottiQ, and in my opinion it's much better than VirusTotal's Uploader. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm still open to further suggestions, if there is a better uploader which uses VirusTotal.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.