PHP, Python and Google Go Fail to Detect Revoked TLS Certificates

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Minimalist, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

2. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

This is such a broken overall system. I don't know what the answer is for clearnet, but the chain of trust is just too easy to compromise. I really like private certificates (like here) where we get a published cert fingerprint and my software verifies it before signing in. I only need to trust LWM, which I do, and I confirm a legit connection. I use half a dozen clearnet sites with a similar model. I'll take that over the chain of trust model all day long.

3. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

This site doesn't use their own certificate any more. Now it's Let's Encrypt's certificate.

4. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

My bad, I forgot about that recent change. I have my system logging Wilder's fingerprints when I come in but have not signed in yet. I still verify them for consistency before signing in.

Thanks for the reminder of the change. I need to go do some reading about susceptibility (key hijacks or MITM stuff). This is not a site where my risk factor is large, but still I like to confirm I am really logging into Wilder's.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.