Photoshop MRU and why I hate fanatics!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HandsOff, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Okay so I notice there are 5500 MRU's for photoshop media browser. I also notice that hundreds of these have no values stored while hundreds of others identify the location where that graphic file resides. The two most important questions are:

Can these keys be deleted?

would deleting them help, or hurt perfomance (program startup, and file seeking)?

Well everyone on the internet wants to tell you how to delete them. Nobody seems to even consider the question of how it will effect the performance of the program! I am curious if anyone knows! I think I am going to delete them...Then I will be the only one on the planet who knows!

-HandsOff

2. GideonD

GideonD Registered Member

They should be safe to delete. I doubt it'll matter much to performance. More of a privacy issue. I use CCleaner to delete all my MRUS.

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

4. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Hi-

As it turns out, I was using an outdated version of CCleaner which did not work for photoshop CS2. I installed the latest version and it got rid of them! It may not impact directly on performance except to the extent that you have 5500 exta subkeys here, 5500 extra subkeys there, pretty soon it will impact performance!

-HandsOff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.